If you cannot complete a USB BIOS or Recovery Firmware update, it may be necessary to capture the USB boot log to verify communication and/or see where the communication is failing.
- Download and install the appropriate USB driver: PC USB Driver, Mac USB Driver.
- Download the SSH/Telnet client Putty at www.putty.org.
- Power down the Xilica device.
- Launch Putty.
- Under Session Category > Connection type choose Serial.
- Under Logging Category choose All session output.
- Under Log file name browse to the output file location you wish to save the log file to.
- Under Serial Category choose the appropriate COM port. In your Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT) look for Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge.
- Configure the serial line as follows.
10. Click Open.
11. Power On the Xilica device. You will begin to see the boot log information being captured in real-time.
12. Once the blue Operate LED (front of QR1, rear of FR1) has turned solid for approximately 10 seconds, close the Putty window.
13. Send the putty.log file to Xilica support.