Checklist for Troubleshooting
- Is the Network running prior to connecting hardware?
- Is the software the current version? (Software About tab)
- Is the firmware the current version? (Firmware Version listed in device block or on front panel of device)
- Does your network have a DHCP-enabled router? Check the IP address and subnet of each device.
- Have the cables been verified and tested? (Always carry a cable tester)
Make sure you have a spare router and spare PoE switch on-hand as a tool. In many cases, the problem is somewhere in the existing network. It is important to isolate your hardware devices and test it in a known good environment.
There is no default IP scheme to Xilica devices. If there is no router, the device will default to a zero configuration, meaning it will self-assign an IP address. The computer should also use zero configuration address.
Lastly, try an IP reset. Make sure to save all files prior to completing an IP reset.