If Xilica Designer crashes before it gets into Network view, there is a high chance that one of the system files is corrupted. Complete the following steps to recover the data file.
1. At the top of the software, open Settings > Preferences. (If Network View does not open, try starting a New Project or open Dante view)
2. In the General tab, note the System Data Directory location. Navigate to this location on your computer.
3. There is a file called "Devices.xml" stored in the system directory.
This file stores all detected devices on the network so that all previously detected devices on the network are known and display OFFLINE state for OFFLINE devices.
For PC, the path is usually C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Solaro\Solaro
For Mac, the path usually is /Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/Solaro
Note: The AppData directory is a hidden directory. You must turn on display of hidden directory to be able to see it.
4. Exit Xilica Designer. Then delete the “Devices.xml” file inside the System Data Directory.
5. After the file is deleted, restart Xilica Designer. The "Devices.xml" file will be re-generated and recovered.