Below are some best practices prior to heading to a job site. These tips will assist you in troubleshooting problems and can diagnose the problem quickly.
- Test all hardware and connections prior to stepping foot on a job-site.
- Test your completed design file.
- Always have the latest Software and Firmware versions on-hand. (Xilica Designer, XTouchApp, product Firmware files, BIOS files).
This can be downloaded from the Xilica website, or in Xilica Designer.
- Download the USB Drivers and Technical documentation. This is helpful in the case the device needs to complete a Firmware Recovery.
- If using Dante, install Dante Controller. Take Audinate training from Audinate.
In your tool bag, always keep:
- Spare DHCP-enabled router. (We recommend Gigabit Routers)
- Gigabit PoE switch. Check the wattage rating and make sure there is enough power for your PoE devices.
- Network cable tester
- Quality, spare Ethernet cables