If the device O/S is corrupted for some reason during the upgrade (Ex. Device is powered OFF while device is writing O/S), the user will have to perform a full firmware recovery to the CPU board. Please note that Firmware Recovery will erase the entire device. Make sure you save your changes beforehand. The full firmware recovery process will take up to 40-50 minutes to complete.
The same USB Firmware Recovery instructions apply for all Neutrino, Uno, and Rio models.
- Download the appropriate USB Driver.
PC USB Driver
Mac USB Driver
- Next, Download the firmware file for your device from the Xilica website.
- Connect the device via USB to your host computer.
Then also connect the Ethernet port so that it can communicate with your host computer. The second stage of the recovery requires Ethernet access to the device.
- Holding the IP reset button, power ON the device. The device will be booted in recovery mode. Under this recovery mode, the blue power LED will begin flashing in a special pattern.
- Open the Xilica Designer software and start Network View. The device must be online and operational (green ON indicator) to perform a firmware recovery. Click on the device block to highlight it.
- In the Device Management tab, select Neutrino/Uno/Rio USB Firmware Recovery > CPU Board Firmware Recovery. (Note: Xilica Designer projects must be closed for this function).
- Follow the onscreen instructions to perform the USB Firmware recovery.
- Once complete, the device will automatically reboot. At this stage, the process is only half complete. The device will appear in Network view in Recovery mode. In this mode, the only action available is to perform the second half of the recovery.
- Right click on the device block and select Firmware Recovery.
- Select the downloaded firmware file (From step 1). The device will then perform the second stage of the recovery. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Do NOT power off the device.
- The device will automatically reboot once the recovery process is completed.