If the device O/S is corrupted for some reason (Ex. Device is powered OFF while device is writing O/S), the user will have to perform a full firmware recovery to the CPU board. Please note that Firmware Recovery will erase the entire device. Make sure you save your changes beforehand. The full firmware recovery process will take up to 40-50 minutes to complete.
- Download the appropriate USB Driver.
PC USB Driver
Mac USB Driver
- Next, Download the Firmware file and Firmware Recovery file for your device from the Xilica website.
- Connect the device via USB to your host computer.
- Then also connect the Ethernet port so that it can communicate with your host computer. The second stage of the recovery requires Ethernet access to the device.
- Press and hold the IP reset button, then power ON the device.
QR1, XIO-8: Solaro QR1 can be powered either through external power or PoE. In recovery mode, the blue power LED will begin flashing in a special pattern. The device will quickly flash 8 times in one second and then off for another second.
FR1, XIO-16: The IP reset button is located at the back of the processor.
- Launch Xilica Designer and start Network View.
- At the top of the software, navigate to "Device Management" > "Solaro USB Firmware Recovery" > "CPU Board Firmware Recovery".
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When it asks you for the Firmware Recovery File, choose the Firmware Recovery file downloaded from our website.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to select the USB port to load the file to device. Once started, this process will take around 20-30 minutes to complete.
- After 30 minutes, the download should complete and the device should reboot itself. After reboot, the device will appear in Xilica Designer's Network View. You will notice on the device block, it will display 'Recovery Mode'.
- Right mouse click on the device block and select 'Firmware Recovery'. It will ask for the Firmware File. Select the Firmware file downloaded from our website.
- The rest of the Firmware will load to the device through the network. The process will take 3-5 minutes to complete. Once completed, the device will reboot and appear in Network View as normal.