Please note that using an older version of software with a newer firmware or newer software with an older firmware will work but some of the features may not be available and bugs could exist. We recommend upgrading the software and firmware to the latest versions.
If Solaro firmware is updated, the BIOS files must be compatible along with the firmware as well.
Download from Xilica Designer:
- Start Xilica Designer's Network View. Highlight the device block.
- At the top, select the Device Management tab > Device Firmware Manager. (If a project open, this option is not available. Please close the project to proceed.)
- A window will appear listing all Xilica devices, firmware versions, release notes and a Download button.
- Click the Download button to download the desired Firmware file. Once completed, click Done.
Perform Firmware upgrade:
Performing a Firmware upgrade will erase all data from the device.
1. In Network View, right click the device block > Firmware upgrade
Performing a firmware upgrade will erase all data on the device. Click 'Ok' to proceed.
2. A pop-up window will prompt you to select from file system or select a file from the drop-down menu.
Drop-down menu: select the Firmware file (saved from device manager)
3. Click "Ok" to proceed.
4. DO NOT Power OFF the device or disrupt the connection during this process. Doing so can corrupt your processor.
5. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, the device will automatically reboot. The device block will display as OFF, then ON. Once completed, the device Firmware version can be confirmed on the device block.
IN THE CASE of disrupted power during a Firmware Upgrade, the processor can result in complete corruption of the processor. If this happens, you will need to perform a USB Firmware Recovery.