You can upgrade multiple plug-in cards at once, however they must be the same card type. Simply insert the card(s) into the Solaro frame and follow the instructions below.
The same procedure is used for Solaro FR1, QR1, XIO-16, XIO-8
Note: USB BIOS Upgrade will erase the entire device. Make sure you save your changes beforehand.
- Save any design files from the device onto your computer as all programmed data on the device will be erased during the upgrade process. After the firmware upgrade is completed, the design file can be loaded back into your device.
- Download the USB driver and latest IO Card BIOS file from the Xilica website.
- Connect the device via USB to the host computer.
- Launch the Xilica Designer software. Start Network view.
- Holding the IP reset button, power ON the device.
FR1, XIO-16 IP Reset button is located at the back of the processor.
QR1, XIO-8 IP Reset button in located at the front of the processor. They can be powered either through external power or PoE. In recovery mode, the blue power LED will begin flashing in a special pattern. The device will quickly flash 8 times in one second and then off for another second.)
- Select your device.
- Under the top tab ‘Device Management’ > ‘Solaro USB Firmware Recovery / BIOS Upgrade’ > ‘Solaro Advance BIOS upgrade > ‘I/O option card BIOS upgrade’. (Xilica Designer projects must be closed for this function.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the BIOS upgrade
- This process will take approximately five minutes. Once completed, the device will automatically restart and be ready for use.