To delete a previously set password for X Series devices, you must use the XConsole software (PC only) and you must know the current device password.
- Begin by opening up the XConsole software.
- Click "Yes" to connect to the device.
- Under the "Start" tab at the top of the software, select "LogOn".
- Type in the device password to unlock the device.
- Navigate to the "Security" tab and select "Password". Click "Yes" to proceed.
- Clear the "New Password" and "Confirm Password" box. Then click "OK".
- A green status bar at the bottom of the device window will display the device status. Once the status bar displays "Connection OK", the password has been cleared from the device.
- To unlock the device, simply press the "Enter" key.
If your device is locked with a password and you do not know the password, please follow the password reset instructions here.