To export a device design file from Xilica Designer,
- In Project View, right click the device module and select "Export Device Design to File..."
- Save the DSP design file to a memorable location on your computer.
Saved DSP design files are an .sxml file.
- Locate the .sxml file on your computer. Right click the file and compress the file into a .zip file.
- Send the .zip file to the designated user(s). If the file is not compressed when sending, the receiver may not be able to open the file.
To retrieve/save a device design file from the physical hardware device,
- Connect the Xilica device. Click here to learn how to successfully connect your device.
- Open the Xilica Designer software. Start "Network View".
Network view displays all connected device status and information. If connected properly, the device will display with a green On indicator stating that the device is connected and online.
- Right click the device block and select "Export Device Design to File".
- Save the file to a memorable location on your computer. Note that the file extension is .sxml. (device file)
Import the device design file to Xilica Designer.
- Double click the .zip file. Inside the .zip file will be an .sxml file.
- Open the Xilica Designer software.
- In an existing project or new project, drag and drop a Xilica device onto the work area. Please note that the device module must match the design used. (Ex. you can only load a Neutrino A0808 design to a Neutrino A0808 device).
- Right click the device module and select "Import Device Design from File..."
- Please note that this will overwrite any data in the device. Click "Ok" to proceed.
- Locate the .sxml file on your computer and click "Open".
- Double click the device module to see the imported design file.
- Save your project file by navigating to the "File" tab at the top left of the software and "Save As..." to create a new project file or "Save" to save the changes to the existing project file.