An important feature in Solaro Series DSP is that the device will automatically save the project file to all Solaro DSPs in the project when going online. This file is for back up purposes.
Only the latest loaded project will be saved to the device. All older versions of the project file will not be stored.
Therefore, protecting project files is very important.
The user can set up a password for the project file before going online and set up a password for the DSP device.
Password protect project file
To set a password for the project file, in Xilica Designer select the "Project" tab > "Project Password..."
Then enter a password. You may also "Clear Password..." to remove the existing password.
IMPORTANT: Please choose a memorable password and record the password in a memorable location. If a project password is lost, please email your project file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Password protect the DSP device
To set a password for the DSP device, open Xilica Designer's Network View. Right click the device block and select "Device Setup". In the General tab > Device Security heading, click "Add Password".
Enter a password for your device.
You may also "Clear Password" for the device.
IMPORTANT: Please choose a memorable password and record the password in a memorable location. If a device password is lost, the device will need to be reset.
Locked device recovery
If a device is locked with a password, the device will need to be reset.
- Power down the unit.
- Power up the unit.
- Upon power up, the blue Operate LED will blink.
- Wait for the Operate LED to stop blinking and remain a solid color.
- Using a small, pointed object, push in and hold down the IP Reset button.
- Wait 10 seconds and release the IP Reset button.
- The device will display In Xilica Designer's Network View as connected and online. Notice that the pad lock icon on the device module has been removed. The device is now unlocked.